Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Stop and Smell the Roses




Earlier this week, I took the kids to the swimming pool for Jeremy's swimming lesson. While we were waiting for his teacher to come to the pool, the kids were playing in the water. They were actually getting along!!! I couldn't believe it...I didn't hear, "Mine, Mine, Mine!!!!" or "Me, Me , Me".....they were just two children acting civilized in the pool. I even managed to get a picture of the two of them together.:) Then, in a split second...the peace was over...Jeremy had taken Elizabeth's bucket and that was it...she was crying her famous war cry," Mine, Mine Mine!!!!!!!" Thank godness Jeremy's teacher showed up.:) Which is a good thing because my blood was really starting to boil over breaking up the 50th fight of the day between the two of them. Then, later on when we got upstairs, I made sure they changed into their dry clothes and started to put dinner on the table. When I came to my place....I saw a small pile of flowers at my place at the table, at Guy's place and Elizabeth's place. I looked at Jeremy who was hoping I would see them. He told me he picked them from the bushes on the way back from the pool.( I didn't even see him do that.) He said," I thought you would like the flowers, Mommy...you like flowers, right??" At that moment I realized that God makes children irresistably cute to make up for all the times they are fighting. I guess we all need to remember to stop and smell the roses.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment