Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Small Gestures/ Big Difference

A little before my family and I moved back to the States from Nigeria, I learned about World Moms Blog.  This organization has been involved in many different ways to improve the lives of mothers and children all over the world. 

While living in Nigeria, it became so apparent to me that so many children and mothers do not have access to the basic necessities I had grown so accustomed to.  Clean water, vaccines, and healthy food are a luxury there as they are in so many places all over the world. 

I became a contributor to this awesome group of worldwide mothers shortly before moving back to the United States from Nigeria.  This week we are supporting CleanBirth.org, an organization started by a mom in Connecticut to make birth safer in Laos. Laos has one of the highest maternal mortality rates in the world.  For $5 CleanBirth.org provides a mother with all the hygienic birthing supplies she needs to make birth safe.  They also train nurses and Village Volunteers to teach mothers about safe birthing practices.
 
 

 
This organization is doing so much good in a world which needs so much...
 
Sometimes when we look around there seems to be so much need and we don't even know where to begin.  This is a starting point, and I hope you will consider helping this cause.There are so many small ways to make a big difference, and I hope that you may consider this way one of the small ways that we can all make a huge difference in a mother and child's life!
 

 

3 comments: