I know I have been AWOL for a long time on the blog. As I have written before, moving back and transitioning back into "civilized" life has been a bit difficult for me. Now, all of the sudden, I find it is the end of May and Jeremy and Elizabeth are ready for summer again!! Just last summer, we were getting ready for our move back from Nigeria. Some days it seems that time has flown by and others it seems that it has dragged on forever, but we are still here and enjoying our time together as a family. Just in case you thought I had totally disappeared....I haven't. I admit it has been hard to come back and write on the blog because I still have some very tender emotions about leaving Nigeria and coming back here brings back so many memories. Mostly memories of Happiness and how much our family really misses her. The kids and I just spoke with her a few weeks ago for the first time in almost a year and it was like I had just talked her the day before. There are some people in life like that, and I know she was our angel to watch over us while our family was there.
I have been doing a bit of writing for World Mom's Blog and a post of mine is running today at
Just thought I would say hi and let everyone know we are still here!:) I see I have a few new friends who have joined me...thank you!:) Hopefully, I'll get a chance to get back soon!:)
Sunday, January 13, 2013
Happy New Year and I hope you all had a great Holiday Season! (I thought the smiles in the above picture can light the way for the New Year!) I know ours was pretty busy.:) We were off to Chicago for Christmas and then a weekend at the beach here in Texas and then a quick trip out to Los Angeles to meet the newest member of our family, my nephew. These memories from this holiday season will always be with me.:)
Every New Year comes with a time of reflection and also looking forward. I am now starting to realize that with each passing year, my children are not the only ones getting older....but I. AM. TOO!!! I can't believe that Guy and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary....wasn't I just 22 a few years ago and planning a wedding???
Here are just a few realizations I have had over the past few weeks for this New Year:
1) 2013 will be our first full year to be back in the U.S. in 4 years
2) I realized that I only have 11 more years of Jeremy being home with us until he leaves to go to college!!! Only 11 years!!! I can't believe it....that seems like such a short time!
3) I only have until August of this year to still be able to say " I have a little one at home." My baby is going to Kindergarten in August!
4) In March of this year, I have officially been out of teaching for as long as I was in it.
5) I used to think it was cool if I wouldn't get carded because I looked " old enough" ...now it is alarming when I am not carded at the grocery store when I buy wine...
But, this year will be a year of " new and exciting", and I am looking forward to the journey this life will take me on this year. It will be a brand new year with my great family and wonderful friends. I have a few things "rollin' around in my head" of things I want to do in the new year. But, I am so looking forward to the many New Beginnings this year will bring!:)