Search This Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2009

We're Back!


Hi Everyone! Just wanted to let you know that we made it back to Lagos tonight. We got to our flat at about 9:30 p.m. I can't bring myself to say that we are home because it still doesn't feel like home here. I will post pics from our trip to Amsterdam (which was absolutely wonderful!!!) in the next few days. It was so nice to feel like I was walking around in civilization again...at least for a week.:) We were able to go on walks, ride bikes...and all without security with us!:) The kids were great travellers. I also wanted to thank my friends who recently sent us boxes of goodies ( a.k.a. animal crackers, goldfish, carpet fresh, detergent sheets, late birthday gifts). Eight boxes arrived here on Thursday about 5 minutes before we were walking out the door, and I couldn't open them until tonight because we had to be on the bus to the airport last week. You all don't know how much it means to me to have great friends like you all who are thinking of us over here. Thanks so much. (BTW there were no goldfish crackers or animal crackers to be found in Amsterdam) More details of Amsterdam to come in the next few days.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment