Search This Blog

Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Nigerian Mentality

When we went to the grocery store to buy meats and cheese to take back with us in our coolers to Lagos, I probably looked like a kid in a candy store. I was in a clean store that was fully stocked with items. There was not a chance of running out of things that we needed. It was so nice to look at things, even though everything was in dutch and recognize some brands I knew.:) laundry detergent was on our list of things to buy, so I went over right after we walked into the grocery store and picked up two large boxes. I was walking around the grocery store with Guy and the kids and my arms were starting to get tired of holding both the boxes. I told Guy how heavy they were and he just looked at me. Then, I realized it...I really had it...the Nigerian mentality. It has rubbed off on me. It is the mentality that if you don't take it, then, someone else will. But, I wasn't in Nigeria.:) So, I went back and put the boxes of detergent back on the shelf...and a miracle happened. When I went back before we checked out, they were still there!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment