Search This Blog

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Friday











We arrived in Amsterdam on Friday at about 5:30 a.m. The flight was ok. Elizabeth was up a few times, and Jeremy slept through most of it.:) When we got off the plane, it was so nice not to smell all the B.O. you smell when you get off the plane in Lagos. I already felt like I was back in my old "normal" life.:) We got all of our bags and then, we ate breakfast at Burger King. It's funny, I never really ever ate there when I was in the U.S. but somehow, it was just nice to see it again. It made me feel like I was back home. We all ate breakfast and then, went to get in our taxi. When we walked outside the airport, it was so nice. There was no one cooking something in a garbage can and there weren't herds of people blocking traffic. We arrived at the bed and breakfast we were going to stay at. It was really pretty ( I am posting some pictures of the flat we stayed in),but we were too early to check in. So, we dropped off our bags and we actually walked to a park that was nearby. Guy and I had some coffee and muffins and we got to watch the kids play in an open area and have a great time with lots of other local children. It was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment