Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dear Jeremy...

Dear Jeremy, I am writing this letter to you on Wednesday, August 17, 2011.  This is my last night to say that I have a five year old son...tomorrow you will be an entire year older....and I couldn't be more proud of you...

Five years ago today, I didn't even know you were about to come into the world.  Daddy and I had filled out paperwork and sent it in to the adoption agency who filed it in Guatemala and done everything we could possibly do...the rest was in God's hands.  And, if I ever had any doubt in God...it all faded away on August 24, 2005 when I received the phone call which would forever change our lives!!!! You were in this world...born on August 18, 2005....and that was also the birthday of when I became a mother (not to mention your grandma's birthday and your great grandmother's wedding anniversary)...It still takes my breath away that you were in this world for almost a week and we didn't even know it...

I can't tell you your birth story, and sometimes that saddens me.  I wish I could tell you I held you right after you were born and if you cried right away or if you just looked around at the world with your huge brown eyes.  But, one thing I know for sure....you were loved and have always been loved since the day you were born...by your birth mother, by your foster mother, and by Daddy and me...

I have many precious moments tucked away in my mind of your past birthdays which always bring a smile to my face (and maybe a few happy tears).  I couldn't ask for a a more special son than you...

I remember holding you for the first time when you were almost three months old.  I remember thinking...you are so small and your head is so big!:)

I remember taking you to Crystal beach in texas on your first Birthday and how much you loved to throw the sand around and feel the water while Daddy and I held your hands...

I remember your second birthday when you LOVED Elmo and we had an Elmo birthday for you....that was right about the time we discovered you loved pizza...and how you started to eat like Cookie Monster...

I remember your third birthday when you ran and ran around Little Gym in Houston...you were so happy and full of laughter...during that year, you became the perfect big brother to your little sister...

I remember your fourth birthday...we had just moved to Lagos and didn't know too many people....but you were so brave and made so many friends...the morning of your birthday, you asked me, "Am I four today?" so innocently.:)

I remember your fifth birthday, and how much you loved Spiderman ( and still do).  How confident you had grown in the last year and how your smile was so bright...it lights up the room...and your laugh....it just makes everyone want to laugh along with you...

So, as you start your adventure into your sixth year of being in this world, I can't wait to see everything you accomplish and all the adventures you'll have.  Your life is a book which has new pages added to it everyday.  You can do anything you put your mind to and Daddy and I can't wait to see you grow and change into the wonderful young man you are becoming.

We love you!!!
Mommy and Daddy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment