Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Cutest Little Paws

 It's back to school time again and I mentioned in an earlier post.  At this time of year, I am kind of returning to my "teacher roots" and love to read stories to the kids about school starting.:)  I am completely psyched this year because Jeremy is in kindergarten....the exact same level I taught for seven years of my life...BK ( before kids).  I have to admit, being the parent is a completely different feeling than being a teacher.  As a matter of fact, if I do go back into teaching, I think my perspective on teaching will be forever changed because I would have children on that go around.  But, for now, I LOVE to be able to stay home with my children and be that Kindergarten teacher when i want to be and mommy the other times.  This week, is when my "inner teacher" has gone into overdrive.  I LOVE children's books.  I can't go into a children's book section at a book store without leaving without buying at least 10.....and that is on the low side.  So, I have really enjoyed sharing stories with Jeremy that I read to my own students while I was in the classroom.  These are some of my absolute all time favorites!!!! ( A Pocket Full of Kisses didn't come out until after I was done teaching...but it is a fantastic book to go along with The Kissing Hand...and for any little one who becomes a big brother or sister).  Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten is a sweet story which follows the alphabet and all the hard work teachers go through to get ready for school. ( Hint hint!)  We Share Everything is pretty much just what it's title says, but it is a wonderful way to get children to talk about ways they can share with each other at school and how to take turns.:)  Then, there is my all time favorite...

The Kissing Hand.  I have been reading this book to Jeremy ever since he started Mother's Day Out when he was two.  Chester Racoon is feeling a little sad and lonely to leave his mother and go to his first day of school....but she gives him a wonderful gift...

a kiss in his hand to keep with him all day long....and honestly how could I resist kissing these hands.  They are the cutest little paws I have ever seen....but I may be biased.:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment