Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

What's In a Name???

Before moving to Nigeria, I had never heard of anyone named after a day of the week.  i had never heard of anyone being named after so many different kinds of virtues.  As a matter of fact, as I mentioned in my previous post, I even laughed when I found out my stewardess's name was Happiness.  "I mean really", I thought to myself. " Who would ever name their child Happiness???"  I have to say that a great man who raised a wonderful daughter would.:)  

I think that is one of the things that living here has done for me is opened my eyes to different ways of doing things.  Moving here has definitely lifted the veil from what I thought the way the world should be, and I really think it has helped me to be so much more accepting of things which I know I wouldn't have accepted had I never moved here.  Now, when I hear that someone is named Friday, Sunday, or Blessing...it is just another name.....nothing that makes me laugh.  But, the thought of these wonderful people does bring a smile to my face.:)

I thought I would put a few faces to some of the names I mentioned above.:)

beautiful bride, Mercy
two of the best nannies in the world, Blessing and Happiness:)

No comments:

Post a Comment