Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Guten Tag!!

Guten Tag means "Hello" (formally) in German and
Hallo! ( Yes, I did spell that right...just practicing the little bit of German I know before we head to Germany today..."hallo" is "hello" in German.)

Before I write the rest of this post, I want to wish all of you a very Happy Easter!! ( a little bit early):)



Today is the day we are headed out on the 4 p.m. bus to the Lagos airport ( which is always an adventure...you never really know how long you will be on that bus) A few weeks ago I heard, the bus ride took four and a half hours!!! I will definitely have to decrease my water intake before that bus ride! I think a pull up will be a good idea for Lizzy.:) I LOVE to be able to travel outside of Lagos, but I HATE being at the airport for so long before our flight. Our flight doesn't take off until 10:30 , but we have to leave here so early because of traffic and because of security...it is just not safe to travel out to the airport later in the night. So, we get to hang out ( with the kids) for hours before the plane takes off.:) Throw that in with the fact that almost every expat in Lagos is leaving today because school is out for spring break and because the presidential elections are happening on Saturday...that airport will be absolutely CRAZY!!!!! I will feel so much better once we are on the airplane and in the air. ( Funny, how a 6 hour overnight plane ride with two kids seems relaxing to me now.:) I guess that is what living in Lagos does to you.:) I used to be scared of flying with both kids on a 3 and a half hour flight from Houston to San Francisco to see my parents! Times have certainly changed!!)



You would think I would be a professional packer by now and have everything ready to go a few days before hand...WRONG!!!! It is still hard to pack. Throw in the fact that I have to pull out all the "warm" clothes that we will need in Germany. Going through them and seeing what still fits (for the kids and myself!) and what doesn't takes so long, too. So far, this is my progress....


And you can't forget the malaria survival kit. If any of us comes down with malaria- like symptoms...we can test ourselves and begin treatment. It's a very good idea to bring this with us since most of the places we travel ( outside of Africa) don't specialize in malaria treatment.:)


Even though, it is a little stressful to pack and actually get to the airport....It is totally worth it to go and experience another part of the world we have not been to!:) We are so excited to explore Germany and see some friends we haven't seen in a long time!!! We are so looking forward to spending a little time with them.:) I will post on the blog while we are gone when I can...but won't be a "regular" on here until after April 25 when we return.:) Again, I wish all of you a very Happy Easter!! I am looking forward to sharing our adventures in Germany with all of you!!! With hat I will say, " Tchuss!" ( Good bye in German):)

1 comment:

  1. Glückliche Reise und viel Spaß Meredith! You replied to my mail in all this chaos! Gosh thanks a ton!! Will write to you after you are back.

    ReplyDelete