Search This Blog

Friday, August 21, 2009

A little Homesick




On Wednesday, Jeremy received a package from our playgroup in Houston. They sent him some birthday presents, some snacks and a huge banner that said "Happy Birthday". Everyone signed their names on it. I also got an "In Touch Weekly" so I could catch up on all my celebrity gossip. When I saw the banner with all the moms' names and all the kids' names on the banner...I got a little teary eyed. I have been so busy here with trying to get Jeremy settled into a new school, meeting new people, and making sure the men doing the reupholstering are doing the right thing, that I had kind of put my feelings about missing everyone off to the side. I am not sure that I will ever find the great group of moms I found in Houston anywhere else. They really are a special group of ladies. I am probably the only person in the world who got a little teary eyed reading a tabloid magazine because I missed not being able to just see them at the check out at the supermarket. Anyway, it just felt good to know that you all remember us over here because I think about you all, too. Thanks for thinking of us, and for making Jeremy's day!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment