Search This Blog

Monday, August 3, 2009

Just a regular Day




Today the kids and I went to the playground here on the compound. Later on, we went to the pool. It is amazing how normal it feels here to go to the playground and pool. It doesn't feel like I am in a third world country. It feels like I am going to meet my playgroup for swimming or play on the playground ( except, of course, they are not here). I have only been here a week and I don't really notice the concrete wall surounding the compound. It doesn't even seem strange anymore that Jeremy always waves at all the security guards who are walking around the compound. They know his name and smile and wave back. It just seemed like a regular day with my kids.:)

1 comment:

  1. So good to read all the post and see how things are going, we miss yall and think of you often!

    I wish I could send you some grapes from HEB!

    ReplyDelete