Search This Blog

Friday, October 28, 2011

Seems Like Yesterday...

This week and next week, I am helping at Elizabeth's school while one of the teachers is away.  I have formally been out of teaching for five and half years...but every parent knows, you are always a teacher once you have children.:)  At first when I agreed to come in this week and next week I wasn't sure how I would feel.  I was a little nervous that maybe I had forgotten everything I had done for the seven years I was in the classroom. Not to mention, the children in Elizabeth's school are younger than children I had taught before.  But, I have to say all of that nervousness went away once I was in the classroom and interacting with the kids.  Dare I say that becoming a parent has helped me to be a better
teacher?  I don't think I completely understood children until I had my own.  These past few days have been really fun...and exhausting.  It seems like only yesterday I was in a kindergarten classroom teaching 24 students.  I really couldn't believe how quickly everything came back to me.:) I never realized how much I really liked singing about almost everything throughout the entire day (and the kids never care if I am singing on key)!:) This time back in the classroom, I now have the perspective of a teacher and a mother.:)   I'd be lying if I said we didn't have a ton of fun!:)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment