( ancient Roman road) which linked the Po River Valley to southern Germany across the Alps. This town does have a lot of history, but we came to see the castles of King Ludwig II ( Mad King Ludwig). Hohenschwangau ( which you can see in the background behind Guy and the kids) was Ludwig's boyhood home.
And here it is, the main reason we came to Fussen. One of my dreams came to a realization today. After years of having this same castle plastered on my walls growing up...I got to actually come to see Neuschwanstein Castle!!! I have to say it looks so much better in person!!! This is the castle which King Ludwig II was building when he died. He could literally look across the hilltops from Hohenschwangau castle to see the progress...
|Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria inspired Walt Disney's castle|
|Guy and the kids on Mary's Bridge near the castle|
|King Ludwig II|
|One picture I could take..huge stove used to heat a room in the castle|
|view from the castle grounds|
|walking down from the castle:)|
|On the way back, we stopped at some man -made falls from the Lech river.|
1) You may start to think of french fries as an actual vegetable when you are eating out all the time with the kids:)
2) It doesn't matter that your kids are drinking out of the same water bottles since Saturday...right???!!
3) I love the mirrors at hotels....you can only see down to your waist, and truthfully...that is all I want to see on myself!:)
4) It's okay if the kids stay up late and don't take regular naps:)
5) The pounds you gain while on vacation don't really count..ha ha!!
For me, one thing which has been very different for me this week is that I have finally been able to relax...no shipments to buy for, no emergency doctor visits ( at least not yet...knock on wood!)...just beautiful scenery and being with my family. Thank you, Guy, for making a childhood dream of mine come true.:) I think we almost have this travel thing perfected.:)