Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Hawking

This is a sign I have probably driven by hundreds of times when I come off of the Falomo Bridge from Victoria Island to Ikoyi taking Elizabeth to and from school. Signs like these are posted up and down Awolowo road and Bordelon Road. I know what trading is, but I realized that I really didn't know the real definition of Hawking...
It turns out that hawking actually has nothing to do with hawks.:) It means vending or the act of selling goods for a living. I think that someone needs to come down these streets because I don't think these signs are preventing anyone from selling things.:)
After I saw that sign, I thought I would take a few pictures of other signs I see everyday but haven't posted on the blog. Here is one which says that okadas are banned from this road...
I guess someone forgot to tell this okada driver that he wasn't supposed to be there.:)
Yes, this sign is actually posted on the bridge and I pass by it everyday...I don't think it needs any explanation to what it means!:)

So, there you have it...a few interesting signs I see everyday here in Lagos.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment