Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Mardi Gras!!!

Ekaale!!! I hope you are all enjoying a Happy Mardi Gras today. Today is really a day that I miss living in New Orleans! That, and the fact that I got three days off from teaching every Mardi Gras.:) The above picture is from a party we went to a few weeks earlier...lots of fun! Unfortunately, Mardi Gras isn't celebrated here in Lagos quite like it is in New Orleans....but we have lots of great times and great memories from our years in the Carnival city!:)

In the spirit of Mardi Gras, I thought I would share a little bit of Lagniappe ( something extra) with you about what the kids have said and been up to lately:

Elizabeth: "Oops, my mouth tooted!" (after she burped)

"Mama! Sing Yankin' Doodle again!" (Yankee Doodle)

The kids love the Shakira song, "Waka Waka" and we have the video downlaoded from You Tube. (Guy said he downlaoded it because the kids like it....I am sure he "likes" it a litle more than them.) When the video started the other night, Elizabeth ran into her room and said." Just a minute...I'll be right back!" she came back out in a tutu and said," Look, I look like chkeera ( Shakira)!" Guy and I had to laugh because Shakira was wearng a very short skirt in the video.....maybe we are promoting the wrong image???!!!:)

Jeremy: I was asking the kids what their favorite part of the day was at dinner and just as Elizabeth was going to tell me, Jeremy said," I know! She liked the drama queen." I had to laugh because he was talking about the "drama room" at her school. What can I say...Jeremy knows his drama queen sister loves the drama room.:)

I asked the kids to clean up before they went to bed the other night and Jeremy put one of his big trucks on his head as he walked back to his room and said," I can clean up like a Nigerian!"

When Jeremy got in the car, he said " Ekaaro! ( Good Morning!) " and Fatai said "Ekaaro!" Then, Fatai said ," Salaafia ni! ( How are you?) and Jeremy said, "Fine!" Apparently he is learning more Yoruba than I thought.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment