Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

Liquid Gold

This morning I ran into the kitchen to fill my water bottle up before going to help at Elizabeth's school.....I always take this for granted...


It's just a water dispenser, but when you're out of water around here...it can really be a problem...
A few weeks ago, while I was helping at her school, we turned on the tap, and there was no more water.  Let me tell you, you haven't lived until you have to bring buckets of water "bucket by bucket" to flush the toilet for 20 little ones 4 and half and younger!!!  Not to mention having to wash the kids hands in a bucket with the only water left from the bottom of the water tank...
I don't know why it never really occurred to me before, but just like electricity...the water supply is not central and many people (like me) have water delivered not only for drinking water, but also for just water for the tap and flushing toilets (in huge water tanks...usually on top of the buildings).  That was another "aha" moment for me (Thank you Oprah!)!!  I had seen these tanks before, but never really thought about what would happen when that "endless" supply ran out!

That's why, when I saw this this morning I was pretty happy....

The terrible, loud sound of this water tanker filling up the water tanks at Elizabeth's school is the sweet sound of not having to bring buckets of water in to flush the toilets!!!!! That's worth more than any box of gold! Yay!!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment