Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Feast

There is something about the Thanksgiving holiday which feels a little more special to me now that we live overseas.  It's funny, I know, but it took moving out of the U.S, for me to appreciate this holiday.  It is a holiday which is truly American, and it reminds me of home.  So, it is really special that we can celebrate here in Lagos.  Not only can we celebrate it here, but we can teach other people from different countries about this holiday.  Since there are children from all over the world in Jeremy's classroom, it was so fun to talk to the children about Thanksgiving and also share some typical "Thanksgiving foods".:)


I brought chickens...my oven is too tiny for a turkey:)

lots of food:)
 There was a mother in Jeremy's class from South Africa, and she said that she had pumpkin pie today for the first time and loved it!:)

 I still haven't figured out how to be in two places at the same time, so I wasn't able to be at Elizabeth's school for her celebration....but I did manage to get a few pictures beforehand...





I wish a very Happy Thanksgiving to all of my family and friends...American or not.:)  I am truly thankful for all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment