Search This Blog

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Give Thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends and family in the U.S. You can see by my little pilgrim and Native American, we are getting into the spirit of this holiday.:) I miss being in the U.S. for this holiday. Obviously, it is not a Nigerian holiday so it is not observed over here. It is just another regular day. Last year, Thanksgiving fell on the Muslim holiday of Eid ( which is also a Nigerian national holiday), so Guy had the day off work. Today, he left for work at his regular time. But, we are going to have a fantastic turkey dinner tonight with some friends on our compound. (Yes, we brought a Butterball back in our suitcase from the U.S. It has been thawing for the last three days):) I have to remember all the great friends we have made while we have been here and give thanks for that! After all, it is Thanksgiving.:)


The kids made some decorations for Thanksgiving which we hung on our door.:)

You always know the Holiday season is coming when you are in Lagos. No, there's no snow......or I guess you could say that it is the Nigerian form of snow.....harmattan. Harmattan ( the dust that blows in from the Sahara Desert) comes around this time every year. Usually I can look out my kitchen window and see the Atlantic Ocean. Today, I came into the kitchen and couldn't even make it out through all the harmattan.:)
As I close, I want to tell each and every one of you how thankful I am for all of you. I look back over this year and treasure all the great memories I have had with my friends and family and look forward to the upcoming year and all the wonderful things it will bring. Happy Thanksgiving!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment