Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2010

We're Back!


The kids and I made it back to Lagos on Saturday night. I have to say that I was a little anxious about the flights back from the U.S. with both kids by myself...okay..i was terrified! Not really because of Jeremy...my great little traveller, but because of my Busy Lizzie! I couldn't believe it, the flight from Houston to Paris was okay. She really didn't sleep well...but she wasn't out of control. Jeremy watched a movie and went to sleep. The flight from Paris to Lagos was great. Both kids fell asleep and stayed asleep until an hour and half before we landed. I think God was watching over me!!! THANK YOU!!! I was thankful also that Guy was at the airport to meet us when we came out. Of course, adjusting to the time difference has been a little hard. Yesterday the kids and I slept until 1 p.m., and Guy woke us up so we would be able to go to sleep that night. I think I feel okay today, and Jeremy went to school. He was excited to go and see all of his friends.:)

Today, when I was in the car taking Elizabeth to playgroup, I was looking out the window at all the things happening around me. Here are the seven signs you are back in Nigeria:


1) The pushing and cattle-like way everyone gets off the airplane

2) The smell of the airport ( usually the B.O. is overwhelming!)

3) Not knowing where to stand in the immigration line ( things are different every time I land here)

4) People cooking some kind of meat in trash cans

5) The insistent honking of horns at all times of day and night

6) People say ," You are welcome!" when they first see you

7) You see a family of five riding on an okada


Ah Nigeria...home sweet home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment