Search This Blog

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Angels




This week has been a strange week for me. I have been adjusting to coming back to Lagos after being gone in the U.S. for about 4 weeks. I hadn't been back to the U.S. in almost 6 months, and I was really getting used to how things are around here. Going back home, really made me see how much easier things can be done and how much more readily accessible many things are in the U.S. So, this week, I have kind of been in a mode of adjustment thinking about everything I was missing back home. It really made me think of my family and friends. My mom gave me an angel sun catcher I can hang on a window in my apartment so I can look at it and always know she is thinking of me. I was washing the dishes tonight, and looking out the window. The angel is hanging on the window right above my sink. Outside my window is the Atlantic ocean (although you can barely see it with all the harmattan in the air). I thought to myself, just across that ocean are all my friends and family who I miss seeing. I looked at the angel and thought of people saying they had a guardian angel. I told myself to think about what I had instead of what I didn't have. I realized that I am lucky enough to have really seen angels around me. My friends and family who call me over here or send me an e-mail to let me know they are thinking of me are angels. There are many days over here when I really miss all of you; you don't know how much it means to me to get a message or phone call. There are some really nice ladies I have met here who have been angels. Thank you for all the help you have given me. My husband and kids have been angels who do at least one thing everyday to make me laugh even though most of the time I feel like I am going crazy trying to keep up with them. Happiness has been an angel here. Without her, I am sure my experience of Nigeria would have been very different. She has opened my eyes to a whole new world. So, to all of the angels in my life, thank you for making my life a little brighter.

1 comment:

  1. Meredith...I think you're the angel! What a great wife and mommy you are!

    ReplyDelete