Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Out On A Limb

For most of my life, I have had a fear that whatever I may want to write other people wouldn't like, and sometimes, I still feel like I'm in sixth grade trying to read my essay to my class and feeling my face turning beet red and hot.  I got so nervous, my stomach wouldn't stop flip flopping and I couldn't even speak.  I just looked over at the Sister (I went to Catholic School) who nodded her head discreetly to let me know it was okay for me to just sit down.  I remember thinking I wish I could just sink right into the chair and become invisible...

I am happy to say that I have come a little further today, and I have been writing on this blog for almost three years now.  I know many of my readers are my wonderful friends and family. But, there are a few of you I have met along this journey.

I haven't told too many people that I am a writer for World Mom's Blog because I was/am a little scared that people may not like what I have to say.  But, today my first post on World Mom's Blog was posted, and there is only one person who has liked it so far.  Somehow, I don't feel like I did when I was in sixth grade.  I'm glad I was able to write and have it posted today.  It is a huge milestone for me to "put myself out there".  So, if you have a chance you can check it out here www.worldmomsblog.com
If you want to check out the post and it's after today, May 31, click on the link above and type
"Meredith" in the search box on World Moms Blog.:)  My post should appear after you click search.:)

And, if you don't like it, tell me ....or don't tell me....or do tell me......or don't........okay, maybe I am still like the scared little girl in sixth grade!

1 comment: