Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

More Lagniappe

Yesterday on a rare occasion I was all by myself (that NEVER happens!)  I went out to The Palms Mall. I had heard stories, but could they have been rumors?  I mean could it really be a FULLY stocked clothing store?  I really had to take a trip out to see it myself....

 And the rumors were true!!!! Woolworth's is open at he Palms people!!!!  I was shocked!  I almost thought I was in a department store in the U.S. (for a minute at least).  I do have to say that The Palms Mall has really improved in the last three years!:)  I don't know if my U.S. friends can really understand this excitement, but I know my expat friends here in Lagos can totally understand it!!:)
 And, I finally finished this book, Imagine This by Sade Adeniran.    It was a well written novel which gave me some interesting insight into the family structure in a small village in Nigeria outside of Lagos.  I can't really say that it was an uplifting book, but it was one which really made me realize (yet again) how blessed my own life truly is.:)  I do recommend this book to anyone who would like to understand more about the Nigerian culture in Lagos.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment