Search This Blog

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Goodbyes...Thank goodness for the "Hellos"


I just arrived back to Nigeria late last night after being in the U.S. the last two weeks. My grandma's funeral went really well, and I was even able to "hold it together" to say a few words about her and how much she meant to me. In a way, it was a good thing to be there for her funeral because I was able to be around my family. There were many relatives I hadn't seen in a while, and I know she was smiling down on all of us together again.:) But, there is always a time to say good bye to loved ones....and saying good bye is such a hard thing for me to do. When I was on the plane coming back home, I thought how to put it in words how I feel inside when I say good bye...and this is what I came up with:

A quiver in your smile
A tear in your eye
That's when you know it's coming...
It's time to say good bye

The heartfelt hug,
the hands holding tight
The whispers, "I love you." oh so light.

The lump in your throat
The pain in your heart
Knowing that once again,
You'll be miles apart.

But that's when you remember
The good times you've had.
The laughter you shared and
the good times still to be had.

And try to remember not to be sad
Try not to be blue and feel too bad.
For every "Good bye"
as a matter of fact,

There's always a next time
someone will say,
"Hey, Welcome back!"

So, I will end this post on a happy note. The picture above is of me at the airport with my aunt, Grandpa, and Mom...saying goodbye. I love you guys!!! And, then, the picture of my kids....welcoming me back after being gone for two weeks. It is so good to see them and Guy again....I sure did miss them.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment