Search This Blog

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Marine Corps Ball












Last night, Guy and I went to the Marine Corps ball. This party happens every year to celebrate the birth of the Marine Corps. This year, the Marine Corps, is celebrating its 234th birthday. It was fun to get dressed up and go out for the night with people we have met here in Lagos. The Lagoon Restaurant was decorated very nicely, and the food was surprisingly good also, considering we are in Lagos. In true Nigerian fashion, the power went off when we were in line to get food. It was so funny, because the man carving the goat ( yes, I said goat) just kept on carving like it was nothing. In about two minutes the power came back on and everyone was acting like nothing had happened. It really is an experience to live here. Anyway, the Ball was very fun, and I thought I would share a few pictures of Guy and myself, some of the people we know and the ceremony before the Ball started.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment