Search This Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Nigerian Alarm Clock


I usually don't have to set my alarm clock here. One, because I have a 16 month old who thinks she is part rooster. And, two, because Nigerian drivers use their horns even more than they use their brakes! From before the sun comes up in the morning until the wee hours of the night, all you hear from our apartment is the constant tapping of horns with the occasional very angry blaring the horn. Yes, this is the sound of Nigeria I am waking up to every morning. Even if I could sleep in, I would feel too guilty. I can hear everyone busy outside. I guess it is the Nigerian wake up call. Get up.....don't waste a day!! ( the picture is the view from the doorway of our flat. The Atlantic Ocean is in the background).

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Meredith! I hope you are having a great day! We always wake up to our neighbor's rooster crooing in the morning. Jen

    ReplyDelete