Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Going to the Swimming Pool







Today I decided to take the kids to the swimming pool on the compound. I had told Jeremy I was going to take him yesterday, but it rained most of the day. We are in the middle of the rainy season right now. ( there are two seasons : rainy and dry) So, today it wasn't raining so we got all of our swimming suits on and sunscreen and were heading out the door when I noticed an odor. Elizabeth had pooped. I was a little annoyed...but i realized that it was better that she did it here than when we got into the pool. So, after changing her diaper, we headed down to the pool. I wish I would have had my camera ready because there was a very big lizard that walked across the sidewalk right in front of us. Jeremy screamed, and of course, Elizabeth wanted to try to touch it.:) It was another new thing we have discovered in Nigeria. We met a lady and her son at the pool today. The kids had alot of fun. Elizabeth is fearless in the water. I have to keep my eye on her all the time. Jeremy is fine when he gets in the water as long as he has his water wings.:) Before Jeremy got out of the pool today he said, " This is a wonderful day!". I thought to myself, I need to think more like him.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment