Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lady Mechanic Initiative


Now, those are three words you wouldn't expect to see together everyday...especially in Nigeria. But, The Lady Mechanic Initiative is a business that is totally run by...you guessed it...women.:) I pass by it everyday when Fatai is driving Jeremy and myself to school. I asked Fatai about it. He told me that a woman mechanic runs the shop, and she trains different women under her as her apprentices. I was pretty impressed. I don't really hear too many stories about Nigerians making the first step to better themselves on their own. And some people say no one takes an initiative in Nigeria.:)

1 comment:

  1. Meredith, I love all your stories. Things seem very interesting around there! I've learned so much from reading about your day.
    Candice

    ReplyDelete