Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

Back Again

I realized that it has been a few weeks since I have done another post. After we stayed in Chicago, we visited friends in Illinois before heading down to Houston. Guy was pretty excited for a fishing trip he had been planning for the last six months, and I was able to visit with a dear friend in Houston. Jeremy and Elizabeth had fun playing with their friends they had not seen since January. As it was hard to leave my friends in Illinois, it was hard to leave Houston as well. It was hard not to remember our lives there. The great group of moms, the playgrounds for the kids to play, and the friends my kids could have grown up beside. It was funny because one day, I was driving home from having lunch and I turned down the street where I used to live. I couldn't believe that I did that....it felt like it was such a natural thing to do until I realized that I didn't live there anymore...it was really strange. This summer has been a wonderful one. We were able to see our family and friends. The only thing that is missing for me is a sense of where my home is. I am coming up on living in Lagos for one year and it still doesn't feel like home yet...but living out of a suitcase for the summer doesn't feel quite like home either. I guess the old saying about home being where the heart is is right...everywhere I visited felt like my home for the time I was there...and for that I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment