Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 7- On the Way to Cape Town

Today we packed up in Knysna and headed to Cape Town.  The view along the Garden route was so beautiful…


We passed by an ostrich farm on the way!:)




The kids had to get out and stretch their legs….they never even conked out on the whole 5 hour drive….

As we got closer to Cape Town, we could faintly see  Table Mountain in the distance…


Table Mountain on the left
We also saw several shanty towns along the way…


and lots of people walking along the road hitch hiking….


I guess that relates to what I was talking about in my previous post about seeing a third world and a first world here in South Africa.

When we arrived in Cape Town around 6 p.m., we saw the Atlantic ocean….

We are staying at the Winchester Mansions and it is gorgeous!!!  The kids were excited because they even got their own special gifts when we arrived.



There was even a gorgeous sunset which I couldn’t really capture very well on my camera….
So far, we are off to a great start to our Cape Town visit!  The photo below is compliments of Jeremy….I think we may have a photographer in the making!!!:)


But for now…he’s my little boy!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment