Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas in January?

With all the visiting with family and friends this Christmas, the kids and I didn't really have much time to sit together and make something really creative for Christmas this year.  I thought today would be the perfect day to make a gingerbread house with the kids.  I had always wanted to attempt this before, but was never sure about it.  I am NOT very good in the kitchen, so it was a little daunting...but I think we all had a lot of fun!!!

setting up the house

eating ALOT of frosting!

it's starting to come together:)


the decorating kept them really busy

It's done!!! Can we eat it now??

 It turned out really cute...but I have to be honest.......I cannot tell a lie!:)
We used a gingerbread kit my aunt  and uncle bought for the kids for Christmas (Thanks Mary and Dave!)....it is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
t
 It came with so much candy and icing....it was great.   I haven't turned into Martha Stewart.....nor will I ever attempt to.  But, it was really fun doing this activity with the kids...and it almost felt like it was still Christmas.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment