Search This Blog

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Where does the time go???




Today, Jeremy had his end of the year program for pre- K. I can't believe that it is almost the end of the school year already...and even stranger to me is that he is done with an entire year of pre-K!!! When I think about Guy and myself taking him to the school to see his classroom for the first time and meeting his teacher for the first time....it seems like it was so long ago in one sense, but then, it also seems like it was just yesterday. People would always tell me the kids grow up so quickly, and I would always disregard what they would say as I would hold Jeremy in my arms when he was a baby. But, it is so true...we all get busy with things and now, I look at him, and he has lost the baby fat that used to be in his cheeks; he no longer cries when I leave him in the classroom...and sometimes he even wipes off his cheek after I kiss him...he is getting older each day. It is at these times I have to remember something a friend of mine told me once. She said that the main goal as a parent is to teach your children to be independent. I guess she is right.....I don't want a thirty year old son living in the basement of my house....but if he could grow up just a little bit slower...that would be great!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment